Church of St Peter, Church Road, St. Georges and Priorslee - Telford and Wrekin (UA)

The church of St Peter was designed by Francis Halley of Shifnal and built between 1825 and 1827 to replace a C12 chapel and consisted of the present nave and west tower to which the chancel was added in 1903. The church is constructed in brindle brickwork with stone dressings and has slate covered roofs. Concealed ferrous metal dowels have disrupted the masonry to the tower bell lights which has resulted in sections of masonry shearing off. The vestry has settled and rotated away from the chancel wall. All of the roofs require re-laying and the rainwater goods overhauling and repairing.

Church of St Peter, Church Road, St. Georges and Priorslee - Telford and Wrekin (UA)
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST PETER
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1033297
    Local Planning Authority:
    Telford and Wrekin (UA)
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Peter
    Street Name:
    Church Road
    Unitary Authority:
    Telford and Wrekin (UA)
    Parish:
    St. Georges and Priorslee
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Telford
    Region:
    Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    A - Immediate risk of further rapid deterioration or loss of fabric; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    A
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II