Church of St Helen, Church Lane, East Keal - East Lindsey

Parish church with fabric from C13 and C14. Restored and rebuilt externally with tower of 1853-4 by Stephen Lewin. The tower has been clad in limestone ashlars which have started to fail on the east elevation. The roofs are coming to the end of their lives and there are numerous tingles and slipped slates. The rainwater goods are also in need of repairs. The PCC is keen to effect repairs and has begun fundraising activities.

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST HELEN
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1166170
    Local Planning Authority:
    East Lindsey
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St Helen
    Street Name:
    Church Lane
    County:
    Lincolnshire
    District / Borough:
    East Lindsey
    Parish:
    East Keal
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Louth and Horncastle
    Region:
    Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    A - Immediate risk of further rapid deterioration or loss of fabric; no solution agreed
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II*

Contact Details

Hanna Good 07825 318060