Church of St James, Bredicot, Bredicot - Wychavon

Small church in the old rectory garden with three-bay nave/chancel, south porch and bellcote. Walls are lias rubble with ashlar sandstone dressings and tiled roof. Circa 1300 and restored in 1843 by AE Perkins. The sandstone of the window masonry is heavily eroded and falling apart.

Church of St James, Bredicot, Bredicot - Wychavon
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    Church of St James
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1117084
    Local Planning Authority:
    Wychavon
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St James
    County:
    Worcestershire
    District / Borough:
    Wychavon
    Parish:
    Bredicot
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Mid Worcestershire
    Region:
    Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    A - Immediate risk of further rapid deterioration or loss of fabric; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    A
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II