Church of St Peter, Tysoe Road, Radway - Stratford-on-Avon

Small parish church built in 1866 to replace a medieval church which was located in a different part of the village of Radway, at the base of the Edge Hill battlefield site. The church was built in Gothic Revival style and has a three bay chancel, nave and aisles. It is built in local Hornton ironstone and regularly coursed with terracotta plain tiled roofs. The tower has four stages with string courses, a moulded cornice and a broach spire. The roof, which is still original, is in very poor condition because of poor detailing despite maintenance. The condition of the rainwater goods is poor.

Church of St Peter, Tysoe Road, Radway - Stratford-on-Avon
© Historic England

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: CHURCH OF ST PETER
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II
  • List Entry Number: 1184627
  • Local Planning Authority: Stratford-on-Avon
  • Site Type: Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

  • Building Name: Church of St Peter
  • Street Name: Tysoe Road
  • County: Warwickshire
  • District / Borough: Stratford-on-Avon
  • Parish: Radway
  • Parliamentary Constituency: Kenilworth and Southam
  • Region: West Midlands

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Place of worship
  • Condition: Poor
  • Priority: C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
  • Previous Priority: C
  • Ownership: Religious organisation
  • Designation: Listed Place of Worship grade II, CA

Contact Details

Cristina Gardiner 0121 625 6850

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England