Chapel of St Wilfred of Brougham, Brougham - Eden

Chapel adjacent to Brougham Hall built for Lady Anne Cliford in 1658. Constructed of sandstone and slate with a west bell cote, the interior has elaborate joinery and plasterwork. The linings of the cornice gutters have failed, allowing the walls to become saturated with destructive consequences for the interior,

Chapel of St Wilfred of Brougham, Brougham - Eden
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHAPEL OF ST WILFRED OR BROUGHAM CHAPEL
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1349045
    Local Planning Authority:
    Eden
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Chapel

Location

    Building Name:
    Chapel of St Wilfred of Brougham
    County:
    Cumbria
    District / Borough:
    Eden
    Parish:
    Brougham
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Penrith and The Border
    Region:
    North West

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II*