St Paul's Church, St Paul's Road N1 - Islington

St Paul's Church was built in 1826-28 to the design of Sir Charles Barry in an early Gothic Revival style. It was declared redundant in 1980 when the parish united with St Jude in Mildmay Park. After neglect and vandalism the building was leased to St Paul's Steiner Project in 1995 for use as a school. Although many repairs have been undertaken, more are required, including the repair of the aisle roofs and internal restoration of the nave and ceilings. Funding options are being explored.

St Paul's Church, St Paul's Road N1 - Islington
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    ST PAUL's CHURCH
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II*
    List Entry Number:
    1208912
    Local Planning Authority:
    Islington
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    St Paul's Church
    Street Name:
    St Paul's Road
    County:
    Greater London
    District / Borough:
    Islington
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Islington South and Finsbury
    Region:
    London and South East

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Building or structure
    Condition:
    Poor
    Occupancy / Use:
    Part occupied/part in use
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Charity (non-heritage)
    Designation:
    Listed Building grade II*, CA