Collection: Stanton, John Julian

Collection containing Photographic and Textual material
Placeholder image for archive collection
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search


This material has not yet been fully catalogued. Copyright, date, and quantity information for this record may be incomplete or inaccurate.

Coverage : Ecclesiastical - covering a wide range of buildings and sites, mainly exteriors. This accounts for approximately 80% of collection. The remaining 20% covers: Military structures; especially castles and naval dockyards Inland waterways; features and detail Photography Type : Investigator

Archival History

Received Via : M J Benyon, 1991 Provenance : J J Stanton (1933-1990) was a member of FORT - The Fortress Study Group. Stanton's photographs date from between the 1960s-1980s, with the accompanying collection of guide books and published material having been compiled during the same period


This Collection contains the following materials:
Photograph (Negative): 22,000
Pamphlet: 1,000


© Historic England Archive