Exterior view of St George's Church, most likely seen from the north-west
- 1940 - 1962
- Church Of St George, Church Street, Clun, Shropshire
- Photograph (Negative)
Exterior view from the nort-west and within the church grounds. To the right is the west tower, showing the full height of the 3 external stages. The double-pyramid roof is split by a row of short columns, and under the lower roof is a small window and clock face. To the left is the north porch, a 14th century section of the church remodelled in the 17th and 19th centuries. The porch has a round arch doorway with a window above it. The gable has exposed timber framing with rendered infill. In the foreground is a section of the churchyard.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Booty, E M
Medieval Parish Church
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.