The entrance to Curzon Street Station viewed from the south-west

Date:
25 Sep 1964
Location:
Curzon Street Station, Curzon Street, Birmingham
Reference:
BB64/02092
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

Curzon Street Station was built by Philip Hardwick in 1838 as the original terminus of the London to Birmingham railway. This photograph shows the huge Ionic columns.

Content

This is part of the Job: 01/00137 Curzon Street Railway Station, Birmingham; within the Sub Series: RCH01/002/004 RCHME Architectural Requests: Birmingham; within the Series: RCH01/002 Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England: Architectural Requests; within the Collection: RCH01 Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England (RCHME) Archive

Rights

© Crown Copyright. Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Braybrook, Ronald: Royal Commission On The Historical Monuments Of England

Keywords

Victorian Railway Station

Back
to top