A detail view of stalls in the Chapter House at Salisbury Cathedral, showing the painted niches and sculpted frieze above depicting scenes from the Biblical books of Genesis and Exodus

Date:
1870 - 1920
Location:
Salisbury Cathedral, Chapter House, The Close, Salisbury, Wiltshire
Reference:
BB67/01739

Image not available

Description

This copy negative appears to have been created in 1967 from an original print also held in this collection. The foundations of the Cathedral Church of St Mary at Salisbury were laid on the 25th of February 1220, and the Cathedral was completed in 1266. The Cloisters and the Chapter House were added between 1270 and 1279.

Content

This is part of the Series: RBO01/45 Early Photographic Print Collection: Wiltshire; within the Collection: RBO01 Early Photographic Print Collection

Rights

Source: Historic England Archive

Back
to top