A view looking south across the east front of the old Wool Hall on Lady Street before it was restored

Date:
before 1911
Location:
Old Wool Hall, Lady Street, Lavenham, Babergh, Suffolk
Reference:
BB71/03083

Image not available

Description

Originally the building was the hall of Our Lady's Guild before being converted into a wool hall in the late 16th century. In 1911 it was restored by the Duchess of Argyll and in 1965 it was incorporated into the Swan Hotel.

Content

This is part of the Series: RBO01/38 Early Photographic Print Collection: Suffolk; within the Collection: RBO01 Early Photographic Print Collection

Rights

Source: Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Ranson, F Langard

Keywords

Wool Staple, Timber Framed Building, Guildhall

Back
to top