A carved hoodmould stop and stiff-leaf capital with projecting head, on the east side of the inner doorway in the north porch of St Mary's Church

Date:
1890 - 1920
Location:
St Mary's Priory Church, Bridlington, East Riding Of Yorkshire
Reference:
BB74/03856

Image not available

Description

The present parish church of St Mary includes the nave and parts of the west towers of the earlier priory church which stood on the site. The main body of the building dates from the 14th and 15th centuries and was restored in the mid-19th century.

Content

This is part of the Series: RBO01/20 Early Photographic Print Collection: Humberside; within the Collection: RBO01 Early Photographic Print Collection

Rights

Source: Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Curator: Gordon, John

Keywords

Doorway, Stiff Leaf Capital, Stop, Church

Back
to top