The monument of David Pike Watts is by Sir Francis Chantrey and was completed in 1831. It depicts Watts on a couch, blessing his daughter and her three children, and sits atop a chest tomb decorated with armorial panels. The monument is housed in the David Pike Memorial Chapel or Mausoleum, which was designed to hold the sculpture, and which was built by the Watts Russells of Ilam Hall in memory of David Pike Watts, who died in 1816.
Source: Historic England Archive
Post Medieval Commemorative Monument, Art And Design