This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ICKNIELD PORT ROAD SP 08 NW 997-0/6/56 Superintendent's Office at Rotton Park Loop Canal Maintenance Yard GV II Superintendent's office on canal maintenance yard. Circa 1845. Red brick. Hipped slate roof (reclad in asbestos tiles), with deep eaves.
Rectangular 2-room plan. 2 storeys 4 window south front with large 2- centred arch windows and doorway to right of centre with continuous brick hoodmould course; the ground floor left hand window was originally a doorway; original window frames replaced with plate glass and doorway with C20 plank door. Straight headed windows on left and right ends; the left end has cast-iron number 94. Covered Dock (qv) attached at rear (north). Interior not inspected.
Note: Rotton Park Loop was originally part of James Brindley's 1768 Birmingham Canal, improved by Thomas Telford in circa 1827.
Listing NGR: SP0464287016
Copyright IoE Mr Geoff Dowling. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Dowling, Geoff
Rights Holder: Dowling, Geoff
Asbestos, Brick, Slate, Tile, Georgian Dockmasters Office, Victorian Maritime, Maritime Office