This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ICKNIELD PORT ROAD SP 08 NW 997-0/6/58 Crane at Rotton Park Loop Canal Maintenance Yard GV II
Crane on canal maintenance yard. Circa late C19. Cast-iron hand-powered crane with geared drum on revolving poet and circa 5 metre long tubular jib with iron-rod stays. The crane is fixed on top of a circular brick plinth on the edge of the canal, south east of the Superintendent's office (qv).
Note: Rotton Park Loop was originally part of James Brindley's 1768 Birmingham Canal, improved by Thomas Telford. in circa 1827.
Listing NGR: SP0464787010
Copyright IoE Mr Geoff Dowling. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Dowling, Geoff
Rights Holder: Dowling, Geoff
Brick, Cast Iron, Victorian Hand Crane, Transport, Crane, Lifting And Winding Structure