This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ICKNIELD PORT ROAD SP 08 NW 997-0/6/55 Covered Dock at Rotton Park Loop Canal Maintenance Yard GV II Covered dock on canal maintenance yard. Circa 1845. Flemish bond and Flemish stretcher bond red brick. Hipped slate roof, reclad in asbestos tiles, with brick dentil eaves. Long rectangular single storey building over canal dock with entrance to canal at east end. The east end has wide canal entrance with later plank door. The opposite west end has plank double doors on right and window on left. Superintendent's Office (qv) attached to south side. Interior not inspected.
Note: Rotton Park Loop was originally part of James Brindley's 1768 Birmingham Canal, improved by Thomas Telford in circ 1828.
Listing NGR: SP0464287019
Copyright IoE Mr Geoff Dowling. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Dowling, Geoff
Rights Holder: Dowling, Geoff
Asbestos, Brick, Slate, Tile, Georgian Canal Dock, Victorian Transport, Dock, Water Transport Site