This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
CUDDINGTON C.P. CHESTER ROAD SJ 67 SW Sandiway 4/20 The Round Tower - - II
Formerly a lodge to Vale Royal Abbey, now disused: early C19 for Lord Delamere. Ashlar red sandstone, no roof surviving. Circular tower of 2-storeys. Plinth, embattled parapet on corbel table. Blocked lancet windows with label moulds and a 2-centred arched doorway with remains of original studded door, below; cross-loopholes above.
A print of 1812 by Musgrave in a private collection shows the tower and a set of gates giving access to the drive, through the New Park.
Listing NGR: SJ6113070900
Copyright IoE Mr R.G. Noxon. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Noxon, R.G.
Rights Holder: Noxon, R.G.
Ashlar, Sandstone, Georgian Lodge, Victorian Domestic