This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1. THE BUTTS, BRENTFORD 4419 (North Side)
No 15 (Chatham House) No 17 (Beaufort House) TQ 1777 NE 14/137 TQ 1777 NE 14/138 TQ 1777 NE 19/138 11.7.51.
Early C18 pair of houses. Brown brick with red brick dressings. 2-storeys and attic, 4 double-hung sashes in flush surrounds with cills and rubbed flat arches. Brick band above ground floor. Modillion eaves cornice, hipped tiled roof. 2 dormers.
No 15 - 4 fielded panel door with traceried fan.
No 17 - Original door surround, architrave, consoles, carved frieze, modillion cornice. Good wrought iron gate with lampholder, wall. Interior: original stairs. Now 3 flats. RCHM. NMR.
All the listed buildings in The Butts form a group.
Listing NGR: TQ1750777577
Copyright IoE Mr Quiller Barrett. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Barrett, Quiller
Rights Holder: Barrett, Quiller
Brick, Tile, Stuart House, Georgian Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling