This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST3308 FORE STREET 756-1/4/66 (South side) 29/07/76 Accolade Furnishing (Formerly Listed as: FORE STREET (South side) Slades Room (Auction Rooms))
Wesleyan chapel, now shop. c1814, passed to Wesleyan Reformers c1850, re-purchased by Wesleyans 1880 and superceded c1894. Stucco with stone hoodmoulds to pointed arches and coping to front-facing gable; slate roof. Gothic-Revival style. Facade is set-back from street with c1960 shopfront filling the space. First floor has tall central window of 4 x 6 panes flanked by 2 broader and lower windows of 5 x 3 panes; all have interlocking glazing bars infilling the Gothic arches. INTERIOR: original gallery around 3 sides, supported by chamfered square wooden columns. The staircase, with turned newel, has been repositioned. (Stell C: Non-Conformist Chapels and Meeting Houses in SW England: London: 1991-: P.171).
Listing NGR: ST3234608590
This is part of the Series: IOE\Bland_Richard IOE Records for Bland, Richard; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Mr Richard Bland. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Bland, Richard
Rights Holder: Bland, Richard
Slate, Stucco, Georgian Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Methodist Chapel, Nonconformist Chapel, Chapel, Place Of Worship, United Methodist Free Chapel, Shop, Commercial, Auction House