This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
5224 CHURCH STREET (west side)
Wall, raised pavement and conduit in front of Almshouses SP 1539 SW 9/46
Early C17, part of Sir Baptist Hick's layout, altered early C19. Low 3 ft ashlar wall fronting Campden Almshouses; angled capping, steps up at south end. Five- six foot butressed retaining wall to road. Central conduit head formerly fed by the Conduit House (qv Conduit Hill), panel containing shell niche with disused tap and circular cast-iron spigotted basin dated 1818. York stone paving.
Listing NGR: SP1540139369
Copyright IoE Lorna Freeman. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Freeman, Lorna
Rights Holder: Freeman, Lorna
Ashlar, Cast Iron, York Stone, Tudor Wall, Elizabethan Monument <By Form>, Stuart Barrier, Jacobean Steps, Transport, Pedestrian Transport Site, Pavement, Unassigned, Conduit Head, Water Supply And Drainage, Water Regulation Installation