This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
5224 CHURCH STREET (west side) Vicarage SP 1539 SW 9/48 II GV
2. Cl7 and early C18, altered and extended mid C19. Main front gabled. Two and a half storeys, coursed rubble with Cotswold stone roof. End chimneys with diagonal stacks.
Three dormer gables, 2-, 3- and 4-light windows (chamfered stone mullions in rebated surrounds) with drips. The central first floor window is a C20 leaded casement; first floor left hand window altered to have long mullions. Door to right in stopped ogee-moulded surround, 7 panels (2 glazed). Hipped extension to left. Mid-C19 slate-roofed 2 storey domestic wing to right with stepped gable to east and 3 (irregular) ranges of mullion windows with drips. Early C17 extension to rear incorporating a re-used lead rain water head inscribed "T(homas) M(ansell) 1710".
Interior: rear wing has early C18 (possibly reset) half-panelling.
Listing NGR: SP1542139473
Copyright IoE Lorna Freeman. Source Historic England Archive
People & Organisations
Photographer: Freeman, Lorna
Rights Holder: Freeman, Lorna
Rubble, Slate, Stone, Tudor Vicarage, Elizabethan Domestic, Stuart Clergy House, Jacobean Clerical Dwelling, Georgian House, Dwelling