This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
5224 CHURCH STREET (east side)
Lodges, gates and arch- way to Old Campden Manor SP 1539 SW 9/61 25.8.60
Circa 1613. Built by Sir Baptist Hicks, repaired by F L Griggs in circa 1930.
Ashlar. Square 2 storey lodges with 2 light mullioned windows, drip mould to ground floor, continuous string over first floor windows. Ogee ashlar domes, the right hand one retains part of its finial. Screen walls, each with shaped gable and finial. Pedimented entrance gateway with central coat of arms. Four centred arch with impost blocks and keystone, finials to pediment. Iron gates from the Griggs restoration.
Listing NGR: SP1546539410
Copyright IoE Lorna Freeman. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Freeman, Lorna
Rights Holder: Freeman, Lorna
Ashlar, Iron, Tudor Gate, Elizabethan Unassigned, Stuart Wall, Jacobean Monument <By Form>, Barrier, Lodge, Domestic