This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
5224 CHURCH STREET (east side)
Churchyard walls to north, south and west, churchyard gates and SP 1539 6/60 gatepiers SP 1539 SW 9/60 II GV
The walls are principally early Cl7 for Sir Baptist Hicks, gates and rails probably mid C19. Good quality ashlar rubble. North wall about 5-7 ft buttressed and about 100 yds long. South wall about 6-9 ft high with weathered coping with roll, also about 100 yds long; blocked Tudor archway, axial between Campden House and Hicks chapel and a further blocked opening at east end which has stepped buttresses. West wall about 6 ft high with weathered coping. Footpath gate north-west; churchyard gates to south-west. Latter consist of 2 rusticated ashlar gate-piers with ball- capping and lamp overthrow;pair of cast-iron gates with reversed arch top rail; halberd-head railings, repeated on flanking panels of railings (arches between verticals). Side gate to right with railings and dwarf wall linking to North Lodge (qv).
Listing NGR: SP1551239477
Copyright IoE Lorna Freeman. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Freeman, Lorna
Rights Holder: Freeman, Lorna
Ashlar, Cast Iron, Rubble, Tudor Wall, Elizabethan Monument <By Form>, Stuart Barrier, Jacobean Gate, Unassigned, Gate Pier, Railings