This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
5224 CHURCH STREET (east side)
Boundary walls from South Lodge to Court House SP 1539 SW 9/62
2. Early C17, part of Sir Baptist Hicks' layout, and C18. Squared ashlar rubble with moulded and weathered coping, except for 20 yd sketch with plain coping to south of carriage splash(qv). Interrupted by barn complex north of Almonny (qv).
Segmental drain-arch to left of double door entry (left) to yard south of barn complex. Ramped up to barn and to South Lodge (twice), over blocked Tudor-arched doorway. About 7-8 ft high. Lower quadrant and blocked gateway at junction with Calf's Lane.
Very important element in grouping of Church, Almshouses and Lodge-gates.
Continued as south wall of churchyard (qv).
Listing NGR: SP1542539364
Copyright IoE Lorna Freeman. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Freeman, Lorna
Rights Holder: Freeman, Lorna
Ashlar, Rubble, Tudor Boundary Wall, Elizabethan Monument <By Form>, Stuart Wall, Jacobean Barrier, Boundary