This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1. 5224 CALF'S LANE (east side)
Wall between the Court House and the garage to south of Court House SP 1359 SW 9/39
Probably part of Baptist Hicks's layout, circa 1612. About 7 to 8 ft high squared and roughly coursed rubble weathered coping. Blocked Tudor arch doorway to left with next to it a blocked mullion window. Main feature is to left of centre a moulded doorway with depressed pointed arch and moulded double panel above with extended pilasters supported by corbels at impost height. Part of the Court House group and of great importance to the character of Calf's Lane.
Listing NGR: SP1535039257
Copyright IoE Lorna Freeman. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Freeman, Lorna
Rights Holder: Freeman, Lorna
Rubble, Tudor Wall, Elizabethan Monument <By Form>, Stuart Barrier