Wheel Mould 2 Metres South Of Old Smithy Adjacent To Smithy Cottage

Date:
11 Aug 2000
Location:
Wheel Mould 2 Metres South Of Old Smithy Adjacent To Smithy Cottage, Eglingham Village, Eglingham, Alnwick, Northumberland, NE66 2TZ
Reference:
IOE01/00062/34
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Request a copy
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

EGLINGHAM EGLINGHAM VILLAGE NU 1019 (North side) 19/160 Wheel mould 2 metres south of old smithy adjacent to Smithy Cottage GV II

Wheel mould, C18 or early C19. Cut stone. A circle of dressed stone blocks, of 1 metre internal diameter, now virtually flush with ground level. Formerly used for shaping of iron tyres for cart wheels.

Listing NGR: NU1096419443

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE\Clarke_Peter Oakley IOE Records for Clarke, Peter Oakley; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

Copyright IoE Mr Peter Oakley Clarke. Source Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Clarke, Peter Oakley

Rights Holder: Clarke, Peter Oakley

Keywords

Stone, Stuart Wheel Mould, Georgian Industrial, Victorian Timber Product Site, Wood Processing Site