This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
5213 NEW STREET (East Side) Guy Harlings (formerly listed as No 53 Guy Harlings) TL 7006 NE 3/27 20.5.49.
C16 building refaced in C16, timber framed; with later brick front with stone coping. Two-storeys and attics, 7 window range of 6 pane sashes with straight brick arches and stone sill band at 1st floor level. Good front door case, with Tuscan Doric columns and broken pediment. Keystone of the round arch carved with a human face; fanlight, and 6 panel fielded door. Roofs double and parallel ridged north to south, red clay tiles. Inside, entrance hall panelled with linenfold. About 50 round panels as a frieze over, each carved in relief, possibly portraits. Dentil cornice. Rebuilt by Sir J Comyns between 1697-1740). Front by Dr J Badeley in 1785.
Listing NGR: TL7091806980
Copyright IoE Mr G.W. Garthwaite. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Garthwaite, G.W.
Rights Holder: Garthwaite, G.W.
Brick, Stone, Tile, Timber, Medieval Timber Framed Building, Tudor Monument <By Form>, Elizabethan Building, Unassigned