This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST 56 SE CHEW STOKE C.P. CHURCH LANE (north side)
3/70 Overthrow, gates and piers at south east entrance to G.V. churchyard of Church of St.
Overthrow, gates and piers. 1897. Cast and wrought iron, limestone piers.
Square piers with clamped buttresses, pair of cast iron gates with decorative spear heads and quatrefoils in mid-rails; overthrow with inset lantern on cruciform wrought iron supporters. Commemorative plate on pier to right with inscription: "This lamp was erected by public subscription in commemoration of the jubilee of Queen Victoria 1897".
Listing NGR: ST5574061909
Copyright IoE Mr Charles Hallsworth. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Hallsworth, Charles
Rights Holder: Hallsworth, Charles
Cast Iron, Limestone, Wrought Iron, Victorian Gate, Unassigned, Gate Pier, Lamp Bracket, Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces, Street Furniture, Commemorative Monument, Commemorative, Arch, Monument <By Form>