This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST5515NW YEOVIL C.P. HENDFORD (West side)
7/32 No 72 (formerly No 55), with its boundary wall and gate piers
Villa now dispensing chemist. Circa 1840. Stucco colourwashed with band courses at first floor and eaves, hipped Welsh slate roof with wide eaves overhang, and plain rendered chimney stacks at each end. 2-storeys of 3-bays; central projecting stone porch with pair attached and pair detached very slender fluted Ionic columns, the entablature having a Greek frieze and capped with acanthus acroterion type ornament; the former 6-panel door now half glazed. The windows 12-pane to ground floor and 9-pane to first floor. Stone front boundary wall has two stone gate piers with incised panel fronts and band of Greek frieze ornament and simple pyramidal caps. The interior not seen.
Listing NGR: ST5533515607
Copyright IoE Mr Brian Haigh. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Haigh, Brian
Rights Holder: Haigh, Brian
Render, Stone, Stucco, Welsh Slate, Georgian Villa, Victorian Agriculture And Subsistence, Land Use Site, Domestic, House, Dwelling, Gate Pier, Unassigned, Boundary Wall, Monument <By Form>, Wall, Barrier, Boundary, Chemists Shop, Commercial, Shop