This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
OVER COMPTON ST 5816-5916 THE DRIVE 14/104 Chipman's Lodge, at west entrance to Compton House 28.7.62 (formerly listed as West Lodge) GV II Lodge at entrance to grounds. Dated: IRPG Anno Domini MDCCCLXXXXI (1891) Aedificavit, and stone shield of arms. Dressed stone walls and ashlar dressings. Clay-tile roofs, with stone gable-copings and moulded kneelers.
Stone stack, panelled, on left gable end. Two storeys. 3 windows, a canted bay window at left ground, with two wide arches right of this. Bay has 4 lights to front, and one on each side. Windows to first floor are of 4, 3 and 3 lights, all with hollow-chamfered stone mullions with trefoil heads.
Decorative leaded lights. Front doorway is within the left hand arch, moulded stone jambs and depressed-arch head. Plank door.
Listing NGR: ST5922216938