This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
OVER COMPTON ST 5816-5916 THE DRIVE 14/103 Drive Cottage and Gable End GV II Pair of estate cottages. Dated 1892. Ashlar stone walls. Clay-tile roofs with gable-ends and stone gable-copings. Stone stacks at left hand gable, ridge centre and right hand gable. 1 and 2 storeys. 6 windows in total, outer windows are gabled over, and the centre pair of windows are gabled.
Windows of 6, 4, 4, 6 lights to ground; and 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4 lights to first floor. These are ovolo-moulded stone mullions with continuous string over ground floor and returned labels over. Iron casements with lead lights.
The entrances, left and right of centre, have moulded jambs and 4-centred heads. Doors within are plank, and glazed in the upper half.
Listing NGR: ST5922716938
Copyright IoE Mr Brian Haigh. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Haigh, Brian
Rights Holder: Haigh, Brian
Ashlar, Clay, Stone, Tile, Victorian Estate Cottage, Domestic, House, Dwelling