This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST0827 WIVELISCOMBE CP HIGH STREET (East side)
8/71 The Dispensary
Dispensary, now flats. Circa 1800. Red sandstone random rubble masonry, Welsh slate roof, moulded cornice, brick stacks. 2-storey and 1:1 bays. Glazing bar sash windows, tripartite on ground floor. Concreted cross-passage centre with date 1800 carved in stone over the door, rear entrance has a stone inscribed "B.B. 1799". The Wiveliscombe Dispensary opened in 1804.
Listing NGR: ST0813227770
Copyright IoE Mrs G Martine Allmey. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Allmey, G Martine
Rights Holder: Allmey, G Martine
Concrete, Rubble, Sandstone, Welsh Slate, Georgian Cross Passage House, Monument <By Form>, House, Domestic, Dwelling, Dispensary, Health And Welfare, Date Stone, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone, Commemorative Monument, Apartment