This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST12NW MILVERTON CP SAND STREET (West side)
6/251 Engine House
Fire Engine House. 1837. Red sandstone random rubble, lean-to corrugated iron roof. One storey, one bays C19 wooden door. Inscribed in oval niche "Engine House 1837". The home of the Milverton fire engine until the First World War.
Primarily included for historic interest.
Listing NGR: ST1198025734
Copyright IoE Mrs G Martine Allmey. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Allmey, G Martine
Rights Holder: Allmey, G Martine
Iron, Rubble, Sandstone, Georgian Fire Engine House, Victorian Transport