This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
KEIGHLEY MAIN ROAD SE 04 SE (south side) 5/298 East Morton
East Morton Congregational 30.4.82 Church including Sunday School adjoining to rear
Congregational Church and adjoining Sunday school. Date 1845. Coursed sandstone, chapel with ashlar dressings. Stone slate roof. Set back from road and raised on terrace. Single storey. 5 bays, centre 3 breaking forward slightly with channelled quoin piers. Plinth, rusticated quoins.
Frieze and moulded cornice, pediment over centre. Windows in shallow reveals carried down to plinth with apron below cills. Central pilastered door with entablature. Round-headed side windows. Pediment contains plaque inscribed 'Bethel 1845'. Plain Sunday School wing to rear.
Listing NGR: SE0978841890
Copyright IoE Mr Alan V Whetton. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Whetton, Alan V
Rights Holder: Whetton, Alan V
Ashlar, Sandstone, Stone, Victorian Sunday School, Education, School, Congregational Chapel, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Nonconformist Chapel, Chapel, Place Of Worship, Date Stone, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone, Commemorative Monument