This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
EARL STREET 1.
5278 (South Side) Nos 45 & 47 TQ 7555 NE 1/99 30.7.51.
A large probably C17 timber-framed house restored in 1892 and subdivided.
No 45 is of 3 storeys and basement timber-framed with stone plinth. Tiled roof and 2 overhanging gables, with a 3 mullioned window to each. The lower floors have 2 projecting bays with mullioned windows. Left side lean to 2 storey extension with 1 mullioned window and plain batten door. Central Tudor arched doorcase with the date 1892 in the spandrels.
No 47 is also 3 storeys and basementtimber-framed with a stone plinth, tiled roof. Gable front. 1 restored 3 mullioned window on the 2nd floor, mullioned and transomed windows to the lower floors and a left side restored doorcase.
Listing NGR: TQ7586055818
Copyright IoE Mr John Vigar. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Vigar, John
Rights Holder: Vigar, John
Stone, Tile, Timber, Tudor Timber Framed House, Elizabethan Monument <By Form>, Stuart Timber Framed Building, Jacobean House, Domestic, Dwelling, Date Stone, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone, Commemorative Monument