This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SX 4454 NE PLYMOUTH MORICE YARD, Devonport Dockyard 740-1/95/190 No.17 Store (MO 37)
Ordnance store. 1740-50. Dunstone brown rubble, English bond brick, with hipped slate roof. Single-depth plan. EXTERIOR: single storey; 4-window range. Brick corners, the front has a closed arcade of round brick arches with flat arches to horned 6/6-pane sashes, rubble walls, and a round-arched doorway and metal-clad door in the end facing the Powder House (qv). INTERIOR: without special features, has an inserted floor and 3-bay roof with C20 roof timbers. HISTORY: the Yard was laid out by the Board of Ordnance from 1720. Of similar materials to the adjoining Powder House (qv), and possibly connected in its purpose. Listed for group value, and as part of the best surviving C18 ordnance yard in the country. (Source: Coad j: The Royal Dockyards 1690-1850: Aldershot: 1989: 253-255).
Listing NGR: SX4492354976
Copyright IoE Catherine Brown. Source Historic England Archive
People & Organisations
Photographer: Brown, Catherine
Rights Holder: Brown, Catherine
Brick, Rubble, Sandstone, Slate, Georgian Ordnance Store, Defence