This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SEATON VALLEY (part) FRONT STREET (north side) NZ 37 SW Earsdon 4/25 Edward Eccles Church Hall and walls and piers in front.
II Church hall. 1910-11 by Wilkinson and Crawley. Given by Edward Eccles, J.P. Hammer- dressed irregularly-coursed sandstone with ashlar dressings; graduated Lakeland slate roof with stone gable copings. Nearly symmetrical; one storey, 7 bays x one, and lower 2-bay left wing. Deep chamfered surrounds to elliptical-headed double boarded doors in half-octagonal porches in outer bays. Wood mullioned and transomed windows, breaking eaves in third and fifth bays,under hipped dormers; tall sloping buttresses define bays. Set-back left wing in similar style.Swept eaves to roof with central truncated slate-hung bellcote/ventilator. Walls and piers: flat stone coping to square piers and to ramped walls flanking steps to door in first bay.
Listing NGR: NZ3197172475
Copyright IoE Mrs J.H. Black. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Black, J.H.
Rights Holder: Black, J.H.
Ashlar, Sandstone, Welsh Slate, 20th Century Church Hall, Civil, Meeting Hall, Public Building, Wall, Monument <By Form>, Barrier