Gibson Headstone 13 Metres South-East Of Church Of St. Andrew

Date:
5 Aug 2000
Location:
Gibson Headstone 13 Metres South-East Of Church Of St. Andrew, Shotley Low Quarter, Tynedale, Northumberland
Reference:
IOE01/00192/15
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Request a copy
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

SHOTLEY LOW QUARTER GREYMARE HILL NZ 05 NW

10/259 Gibson headstone 13 metres south-east of Church of St. Andrew.

GV II

Headstone, 1820. Sandstone. Shaped top with relief carving of seated grieving muse and draperies, inscription to Robert Gibson of Greenhead.

Lough's second piece of monumental sculpture.

Archdeacon Singleton's returns for 1828, quoted in Northumberland County History V1, 306.

Listing NGR: NZ0455055193

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE\Cottrell_Bob IOE Records for Cottrell, Bob; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr Bob Cottrell. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Cottrell, Bob

Rights Holder: Cottrell, Bob

Keywords

Sandstone, Georgian Gravestone, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Grave Marker, Funerary Site