This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SHOTLEY LOW QUARTER GREYMARE HILL NZ 05 NW
10/258 Chatt headstone 6 metres east of Church of St.Andrew.
Headstone, by James Lough. Sandstone. Shaped top has sunk panel in ornamental border; 'in Memoriam' scroll between cherub's heads, birds, foliage and fruit. Inscription below to 6 members of Chatt family, d. 1815 - 1822. Lough's first piece of monumental sculpture.
Archdeacon Singleton's returns for 1828, quoted in Northumberland County History Vl, 306
Listing NGR: NZ0454255198
© Mr Bob Cottrell. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Cottrell, Bob
Rights Holder: Cottrell, Bob
Sandstone, Georgian Gravestone, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Grave Marker, Funerary Site