This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TF6120SE KING STREET 610-1/7/81 (East side) 14/10/87 Nos.14 AND 14A (Formerly Listed as: KING STREET (East side) Nos.12 AND 14)
House, now offices. C17, early C19 facade, rear reconstructed 1959. Brown brick facade, remainder of red brick. Slate roof with some pantiles to rear. Double-pile plan. 2 storeys in 4 bays. Half-glazed door to left leads to passageway to rear. Above is a sash window with glazing bars and a gauged skewback arch. Main, 3-bay, part to right is symmetrical. Central panelled door in plain timber case with a hood. Sashes with glazing bars and gauged skewback arches, with a blind window over door. Bell-based gabled roof. Internal red-brick gable-end stacks and a ridge stack right of centre. Rear wing with a C17 stack on rear slope, with a gault-brick top. INTERIOR. 2 sunk quadrant-moulded bridging beams to rear at ground floor, the one to north with a bar stop. Main roof of principals, one tier butt purlins and collars.
Listing NGR: TF6164720122
Copyright IoE Graham Brown. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Brown, Graham
Rights Holder: Brown, Graham
Brick, Pantile, Slate, Tudor House, Elizabethan Monument <By Form>, Stuart Domestic, Jacobean Dwelling, Office, Unassigned, Building