This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TF6219NW ST JAMES' ROAD 610-1/10/134 London Road Methodist Chapel 07/06/72 (Formerly Listed as: LONDON ROAD (East side) St James' Methodist Chapel)
Primitive Methodist Chapel. 1858 by JA Hillam. Red brick with gault brick facade and stone dressings. Slate roof. Facade in west gable to street. 2 storeys in 3 bays, the centre bay broken forward. Stone rusticated quoins at all angles. Rusticated surround to central arched double doors under a moulded hood on console brackets. Subsidiary round-arched doors either side with hoods on scrolls. String course between floors. First floor with 2 paired lancets separated by one 3-light stepped lancet. Shaped gable over parapet containing clock face. Gabled roof, hipped to west. Shaped gable is gabled back into hip. Returns have 5-window bays in both storeys, although central upper window is blind. Glazing bars and gauged skewback arches. 2-storey hipped rear extension. INTERIOR. Gallery carried on circular iron columns with fillets to cardinal points. Corinthian capitals. Gallery swept to west side with interlace balustrade.
Listing NGR: TF6212019784
This is part of the Series: IOE\Brown_Graham IOE Records for Brown, Graham; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Graham Brown. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Brown, Graham
Rights Holder: Brown, Graham
Brick, Slate, Stone, Victorian Primitive Methodist Chapel, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Methodist Chapel, Nonconformist Chapel, Chapel, Place Of Worship