This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
CHURCH HILL 1.
5327 (North West Side) Wootton Nos 10 & 12 (Formerly listed as The Rectory) SP 7656 29/477 3.5.68.
1630 enlarged 1835 with modern addition. North section built by Jeremiah Stephens, rector 1626-44 and 1660-65, bears tablet inscribed "DEO:ECCL:IE:STEPH:POS:1630." Limestone with single courses of ironstone to eaves level, gable end limestone.
Welsh slated roof with kneelers and stone copings, box dormer, west gable and chimney-stack with 3 octagonal brick shafts. 2 storeys and attics. Stone mullioned casement windows in chamfered surrounds under dripmoulds.
South wing 1835 for John Prideaux Lightfoot, Rector of Exeter College, Oxford.
Ironstone ashlar, Welsh slated roof, 2 chimney-stacks similar to that of north section. 2 storeys, sash windows in chamfered reveals, ground floor hood moulds over windows and 4-centred arched doorway. Modern flat roofed single storey addition on north. VCH, IV, p292.
Listing NGR: SP7618956530
Copyright IoE Mr Ron Fitzhugh. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Fitzhugh, Ron
Rights Holder: Fitzhugh, Ron
Ashlar, Ironstone, Limestone, Welsh Slate, Tudor Vicarage, Elizabethan Domestic, Stuart Clergy House, Jacobean Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling, Plaque, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument, Monument <By Form>