This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON HIGH ST, Wimbledon, SW19 TQ 2471 (north side) 6/66 No 98 GV II
Bank. 1895. Cheston and Perkin, architects. Red brick, stone dressings; steeply pitched tiled roof to eaves. Corner site. Free Flemish late Gothic/Renaissance style. 3 storeys and roof storey. 3 bays to High Street with irregular return to right and corner turret. High Street facade with richly moulded deeply inset round headed doorway to left, crowned by decorative parapet. Decorative wooden door. Arched window to ground floor right with moulded voussoirs. Two pairs of square headed first floor windows; second floor windows round headed with shafted jambs. Sashes. Glazing bars to top stage of tower. Rich modillion cornice to eaves. Corner turret corbelled out at first floor level, rising to roof storey; richly carved bands between rows of windows; round headed windows to top stage with Doric columns between; dentil cornice; copper cupola and finial. Return with similar treatment. Tall stone topped chimneys.
Listing NGR: TQ2414971009
© Miss Patricia Philpott. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Philpott, Patricia
Rights Holder: Philpott, Patricia
Brick, Stone, Tile, Victorian Bank (Financial), Commercial