This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1. POUND STREET 4430 (North-West Side) CARSHALTON Ruskin Stone at the junction of West Street and Pound Street TQ 2764 SE 20/155 II 2.
Rectangular slab of stone by Margaret's Pool, which bears the following inscription: "In obedience to the giver of Life/of the brooks and fruits that fed it/and the peace that ends/may this well be kept sacred/for the service/ of men's flocks and flowers/and be by kindness called/Margaret's well". This pool was beautified and endowed by John Ruskin Esq M.A.,L.L.D.,/1876".
See story in "From Medieval Manor to London Suburb/An Obituary of Carshalton", by A E Jones, pages 84 to 87.
Listing NGR: TQ2776764437
Copyright IoE Mr Robert Taverner. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Taverner, Robert
Rights Holder: Taverner, Robert
Stone, Victorian Pool, Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces, Commemorative Monument, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone