This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
UPTON LOVELL UPTON LOVELL VILLAGE ST 94 SW (north side) 3/148 The Old Rectory GV II Rectory, now detached house. Late C17, extended early C19.
Flemish bond brick on moulded plinth with chamfered stone quoins and stone dressings, tiled roof. Two-span roof over two parallel ranges. Two-storey, 5-window. Central 6-panelled door in eared stone architrave with transom light over, two cross windows in eared architraves either side. Stone plat band to first floor; five cross windows in eared architraves; none retain original glazing bars. Right return with two external stacks with offsets, pivot-hung window and single-casement to first floor, C19 lean-to attached to right return. Left return has 12-pane and 4-pane sash to ground floor, two 12-pane sashes to first floor. Rear C19 rubble stone range has central glazed door, two 12-pane sashes either side and five sashes to first floor, dentil brick eaves cornice.
Interior: south-east and north-east sitting rooms have reeded C19 fireplaces. Front range has shutters with fielded panels, some doors with 2 fielded panels, deep chamfered first floor beams with runout stops, six-bay late C17 roof with collars. Ceased to be occupied as the rectory in 1948.
Listing NGR: ST9441540937
Copyright IoE Mr Antony Barrington-Brown. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Barrington-Brown, Antony
Rights Holder: Barrington-Brown, Antony
Brick, Rubble, Stone, Tile, Stuart Vicarage, Domestic, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling, Detached House, Monument <By Form>