This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TG 10 NE CRINGLEFORD NEWMARKET ROAD (north side) 2/14 Nos. 8 & 10 Cringleford House and Rosiland House
House now 2 dwellings, c.1794, a rebuild of late C16 house, for Thrower Buckle. Brick with black glazed pantiles. Double range; 5 bays, 3 storeys and cellar; flanking 2 bay 2 storey extensions of mid C19 with hipped slate roof. Central facade of 1794: end internal stacks, that to left gable with added external stack; end internal stacks to rear range. Brick parapets between gables of double roof; modillions to cornice; recessed sashes with glazing bars and gauged brick flat arches (sashes to ground floor bays 1 and 2 now without glazing bars), second floor sashes 3 x 2 panes; central shallow porch c.1885, brick with flat roof, decorative brick parapet having a large stone lion's head to facade either side; C18 doorway reset having open pediment with panelled soffit, flanking bowed Tuscan pilasters, 6 panelled door, fanlight above with curved and scallopped glazing bars some with knobs. 2 storeyed wings either side set slightly set back, openings and eaves cornice to match main facade; wing to right with added large canted bay window c.1885 with cornice to match central porch, sashes; right return of 2 bays having sashes with glazing bars and flat arches. Wing to left (Rosiland House) extended by one bay c.1920 with large doorway said to be from Town Hall of Great Yarmouth (1882-3 by J.B. Pearce), stone now painted, heavy head with floral cornice and basket arch, door with fielded panels, basket headed light over door with C19 painted glass showing the Venerable Bede and his monastery; sash with glazing bars under soldier arch to first floor. Rear: conservatory to rear of east wing with late C19 painted glass in Pre-Raphaelite style showing curved rose stems with central lozenge containing 2 birds, margin lights with small bullions; varied fenestration, first floor of central block with C17 leaded lights with segmental heads pintle hinges and original fittings, second floor with tripartite flush sashes with glazing bars to bays 1 and 5, flush sash with glazing bars 4 x 4 panes to bay 3. Interior: double roof mainly of reused timbers, probably late C16 re-erected 1794. with some principals in pine, 2 tiers with purlins notched into rafters. Openwell open string staircase with turned balusters; wreathed mahogany handrail with ivory inset over newels, handrail curved and twisted to first floor, ramped with stick balusters to second floor; geometric coloured tiles c.1885 to hall floor. Central room to rear range with massive C19 reset interior doorway of oak, large coved cornice and fat twisted flanking columns having acanthus leaf bases and Corinthian capitals, double leaved door. Ground floor of mid-C19 wing to right with geometric plaster ceiling, reeded colonettes to window and door frames. House known as Flotmans on same site 1584 with 2 ranges of same plan dimensions as present 3 storeyed block, one range having been recently erected.
Listing NGR: TG1975305871