This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
5410 HIGHWORTH SHEEP STREET (north side) No 9 (Church House) SU 2092 lilt 18/331 26.1.55
Circa 1765. Dignified 5 bay 2 storey town house. Rubble with flush ashlar quoins. Modern slate roof, hipped to left and with weathered stone verge coping with moulded footstone to right. Brick chimney to right. Five windows on first floor, 2 on ground floor, glazing bar sashes except on ground floor to left; wooden lintels.
Central doorway with bracketted flat hood. Six panel door, upper 2 glazed.
Two pane overlight. Four window return to Vicarage Lane and a 2 storey lower stable and malthouse wing (former brewery here in C19); stone tile roofs, some brick quoined dressings.
Listing NGR: SU2016392524
Copyright IoE Melvyn Gigg. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Gigg, Melvyn
Rights Holder: Gigg, Melvyn
Ashlar, Brick, Rubble, Slate, Stone, Georgian Town House, Domestic, House, Dwelling, Brewery, Industrial, Brewing And Malting Site, Food And Drink Industry Site, Malt House, Agriculture And Subsistence, Food And Drink Processing Site, Agricultural Building, Stable, Animal Shed, Farm Building, Transport, Monument <By Form>