Boiler House Walls And Piers To South East Of Church Of Holy Trinity

Date:
18 Feb 2001
Location:
Boiler House Walls And Piers To South East Of Church Of Holy Trinity, Church Bank, Sunderland, Tyne And Wear, SR5 1EB
Reference:
IOE01/02159/21
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

SUNDERLAND

NZ3858 CHURCH BANK, Southwick 920-1/8/285 (East side) Boiler house walls and piers to south-east of Church of Holy Trinity

GV II

Boiler house retaining and parapet walls to SE of Church of Holy Trinity (qv). Probably 1842 by G Jackson. Coursed squared sandstone with ashlar dressings. Elliptical-headed moulded surround to door in high wall with flanking quadrant parapet walls; 4 square piers terminate quadrant walls and have roll-moulded stepped gabled coping; roll-moulded gabled coping on walls.

Listing NGR: NZ3820158555

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1774 IOE Records taken by David E Sandersfield; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr David E Sandersfield. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Sandersfield, David E

Rights Holder: Sandersfield, David E

Keywords

Ashlar, Sandstone, Victorian Wall, Monument <By Form>, Barrier, Boiler House, Industrial, Steam Power Production Site, Power Generation Site

Back
to top