Parish Church Of St Mark's
- 22 Sep 2000
- Parish Church Of St Mark's, Lymington Road, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 5EG
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
LYMINGTON ROAD 1. (North Side) 5187 HIGHCLIFFE
Parish Church of St Mark's SZ 2093 13/415
1843. Stone with tiled roof. Early English style. Aisles cruciform plan with bellcote at vest end. Lancet windows with additional window at west end above paired lancets. Inside, carved pulpit and choir stalls with west end balcony.
The milestone, St Mark's Parish Church, its lychgate and the War Memorial in the churchyard, form a group with Nos 179, 181 and the former boundary wall of Highcliffe Castle opposite.
Listing NGR: SZ2056093519
© Mr F.G.G. Hawkins. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Hawkins, F.G.G.
Rights Holder: Hawkins, F.G.G.
Stone, Tile, Victorian Parish Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Church, Place Of Worship