The Railway Station
- 28 Apr 2001
- The Railway Station, Station Road, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
STATION ROAD 1.
942 The Railway Station TL 45 NE 2l/222A 10.5.62.
1845. Architect Sancton Wood. White gault brick. Stone bracket cornice.
15 tall round-headed arches, originally all open but of which only the 5 northernmost ones now are. The centre 6 arches have been completely enclosed with semi-circular fanlights in the heads, and the 4 southernmost arches partly enclosed with open heads. Stone roundels in the spandrels of the arches with coats of arms of the colleges, the City and various City officials of the timer The original design of the station was materially altered in 1863. (Real 85).
Listing NGR: TL4619157260
© Mr David Linton. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Linton, David
Rights Holder: Linton, David
Brick, Victorian Railway Station, Transport, Railway Transport Site, Coat Of Arms, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument